Join the Flat6Labs Cairo team
Flat6Labs Cairo Managing Partner’s responsibilities cover for sourcing, assessing, selecting and presenting potential investments matching Flat6Labs Egypt Seed Fund investment mandate to Investment Committee. The Managing Partner will also manage the Flat6Labs Cairo’s investment portfolio, including the fundraising process for portfolio companies; maintaining active relationships with local, regional and global investors; assisting companies in developing their financials models and valuations; supervising the legal aspects of the fundraising process; as well as portfolio reporting functions to investors.
- Source and review potential investments aligned with Flat6Labs Cairo’s investment mandate, and those serving to diversify Flat6Labs Cairo’s risk.
- Supervise and review preliminary due diligence on select high-potential investments.
- Review and approve Investment Memo to present at Investment Committee meetings.
- Draft and supervise the drafting of the contractual agreements with selected investments.
- Arrange meetings and follow up with all portfolio companies and ensure that they submit their status report periodically.
- Help companies secure follow-on funding upon their graduation from the seed program through direct contacts and referrals.
- Communicate and report the status of the portfolio to the board, investors and different stakeholders.
- Work on the development of a network of high level potential investors, high net worth individuals and different local and international financing institutions.
- Coordinate developing the fundraising strategies with Flat6Labs Central Team and partake in fundraising activities.
- Manage the fundraising process for Flat6Labs Cairo portfolio companies, and generating reports about prospect deals and negotiated terms.
- Interface with portfolio companies to complete annual capital and operations budget, including a forecasts of projected monthly and quarterly cash flow requirement
- Assist in creating and maintaining companies’ financial forecast model with advanced analysis, including what-if scenarios, to support investment and planning decisions
- Supervise the legal process of funds transfer, stock exchange and drafting legal agreements with different investors.
Skills & Qualifications
- A least 5-7 years of experience in venture capital, private equity or investment banking.
- Major in finance/business/economic studies.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Financial modeling and budgeting skills.
- Previous experience in negotiating investment terms, structuring investment deals and presenting them to decision makers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent technical understanding for financial software packages like Microsoft Excel, etc..
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Get the chance to work with high potential for growth startups and bright entrepreneurs in Egypt and the region.
- Exposure to different local, regional and international investors and VCs.
- Engage in the buzzing startup community in Egypt and the region.
- Work in an environment supporting creativity and proactivity, and be a part of a small dynamic team.
- Competitive salary and carried interest incentive.
- Social and medical insurance.
- Flexible working hours.